TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - UPDATE: Sold broken TTZ for $3,000.
People Seeking Info

Subject UPDATE: Sold broken TTZ for $3,000.

Posted by JerryH on April 21, 2014 at 1:27 PM
  This message has been viewed 464 times.

Message Back in January I posted the message below asking if I should part out my 1991 TT Z or sell it. The consensus was to sell it. I listed it on Craig's List for $1,500 OBO. I got flooded with calls and got 4 offers by the end of the day. After a small bidding war I got $3,000 for it. 2nd best offer was $2,700. The guy who bought it plans to drop a different engine in it.

Thanks everyone for the great advice! I'm very happy with the decision. The Stingray should be here in 10 days. :-)

-------------------------------------

I have a TTZ with 180k miles on it. I put a whole lot of work into it about 8 years ago trying to bring it back to perfect condition, including a bunch of new parts, trim, hoses, clutch and a bunch of other things. It still needs a bit of body work. The big problem is that I had the bearings replaced, but the guy did a horrible job. It's basically not running needs to be done again. He took so long I bought a Camry Hybrid (I know, I know. I thought it would be a good compliment to the sports car). Anyway, it's 8 years later I want to get one of the 2014 Vettes. Should I sell this non-working Z, trade it in, or part it out?
I also have a brand new fiberglass spoiler (replaces the old foam one) that's never been painted. I paid $450 for it new and I can only imagine it's worth a lot of money.

Thoughts? I've been out of the Z world for quite a while.

Thanks,

Jerry

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.